Sunday, July 8, 2012

Little Ray of Sunshine!!

Hello!!  Thanks for Stopping By! :) I had so much fun making my first challenge entry ever for the CARDZTV challenge, I thought I would try a few more!!

This card was so fun!!  I think I'm going to be addicted to challenges! :)

It will be entered in the following challenges:
Going Buggy July Challenge - Under the Weather
Peachy Challenge 25: Chalk it up.
July Cricut Chirp Challenge - 1 - A Smiling Sparkling Sun
Clear it Out Challenge - Anything Goes, use something yellow - Top 3 pick!! :0)
Make It Monday - Yeah!!! I won POTW with Rene for Challenge #97

 I created this fun little card for a couple of challenges. But before I get to that I have to send out a Big Thank You to CarolynG who had a small tutorial on how to create this fabulous sun in chalk!! I have never used chalk this way before but her card was soooo cute I just had to scraplift the idea!! Thank YOU Carolyn!!! If you have time, you should definitely go see her blog...she is awesome!

This card is 5x7
Sun is Chalked and  accented with a white gel pen and a Happy Little Peachy Keen Face!  I love these little faces and can't wait to get more stamps!!
Papers are from recollections and scraps I had.
The edges are chalked in yellow and lightly inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink-wild honey
The cuts are from the Preserves Cart
Ribbon is from the Michael's $1 bin.
Bling from Recollections
Sentiment was printed from my printer: Sege Script 14, AR CENA 18 (use center point to cut on your cricut)

And this is the inside...I love to decorate the insides and make matching envelopes...my husband says I'm OCD..but I just think it's more fun that way! ;)

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you back soon!

14 comments:

  1. what a happy sunny card love the color

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO beautiful! I haven't seen a chalk sun card before. I might have to scraplift it too. :-) thanks so much for entering the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sun turned out BEAUTIFUL!! You did a fabulous job with the chalk!!

    CarolynG
    http://carolynscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for posting the tutorial. I would have never tried it if I hadn't seen your beautiful card! :0)

      Delete
  4. Oh my, this is such a cheerful card!! I love the bling you added to the sun's rays.. Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps..

    Scrappy hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely darling card! thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Just beautiful and such a happy card! Sure to bring a smile to someone's face! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PKS!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! The bling on the sun rays is perfect-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card brought a big smile to my face! Adorable :) Thanks so much for playing with us at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely darling! Love it! So pretty and happy! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Pop by my blog tomororw evening for a sweet surprise! ;D
    Rene from MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! I LOVE your sun!! Is beautiful!!
    Thanks For Playing with us @ PKS!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable!! I love your sun and fantastic bling! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and congrats on the Top 3 also! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Hugs, Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, the chalking is gorgeous, a really happy little card. Thank for entering the Going Buggy challenge this month
    hugs
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments!! I love hearing from you!